During an Emergency
The advice for most emergencies is: Go In, Stay In, Tune In.
Additional advice is:
- alert the emergency services by dialling 999 and follow their advice
- do not put yourself or others in danger
- check for injuries to yourself and others, always attend to yourself first
- be aware of any elderly or vulnerable neighbours who may need your help
- if advised to do so, be prepared to evacuate and follow instructions given
The emergency services may ask you to:
Some emergencies will require you to stay in your home or others might mean you need to evacuate. Some simple steps will mean you can be more prepared should an emergency occur and you are at home.
Remember to talk to your family or other people in your house about your plans.